I've been on the 21 Day Fix now for 2 Rounds and now I'm getting read to start my 3rd Round. Round 1 was just trial and error figuring out what worked, what I liked and how to make sure I fit all my containers in each day or didn't go over. Round 2 I was able to be more focused and plan more as I knew what meals I liked and what worked for me to eat at work and at home but by the end of Round 2 honestly I was pretty sick of some of the meals I had been making. So as I prep for Round 3, I was on a search to find 21 Day Fix casseroles and meals (Pinterest and Beachbody to the rescue!!)
Order the 21 Day Fix
Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese-
21 Day Fix Containers: 2 Yellow, 1/2 Green, 1 Blue
Total Time: 1 hr. 16 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 61 min.
Yield: 10 servings, about 1½ cups each or 1 green container on 21 Day Fix
1 lb. dry whole wheat macaroni
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium red bell peppers, chopped
3 cups cubed butternut squash
1¾ cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
2 Tbsp. low-fat (1%) plain Greek yogurt
1 cup shredded Gruyere (or Swiss) cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Nonstick cooking spray
Finely chopped fresh parsley (for garnish; optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Set aside.
5. Combine squash, broth, and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; gently boil for 22 to 25 minutes, or until squash is tender.
6. Place squash mixture in a blender or food processor; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until smooth.
7. Combine squash mixture, macaroni, onion mixture, yogurt, and cheeses. Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well.
8. Place macaroni mixture in a 13 x 9-inch ceramic or glass baking dish that has been coated with spray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling.
9. Garnish with parsley if desired (I didn't)
Tip 1: Add a protein to it! I like to add taco turkey meat or chicken to it!
Tip 2: Blend small batches of hot liquids in blender or food processor since they expand during the blending process, therefore decreasing the chance of overflowing. And be sure to hold tight to that blender! It wants to explode because of the heat!
Order the 21 Day Fix
Hi! I'm Jess